My long-awaited new activity tracker, the Shine by Misfit, came in the mail late yesterday afternoon. I’ve been wearing it since, making it something like 14 hours of total time. Some initial thoughts:
- It’s a beautiful thing
- The sports band is nicer and more comfortable than I feared- but I still might look at other options
- Easy to set up
- Comes with two batteries!
- Came with a lovely present from Misfit. Thanks!
- Not sure it’s calculating my caloric usage properly- numbers seem pretty high…
- I’ve set mine to track my sleeping- but that just seems to show how long I’ve slept for, not the quality of sleep.
Anywho. For 14 hours in, I’m pretty pleased. The thing I’d most like fixed is #7. I’d been using Sleep Tracker on my iPhone to record the duration and quality of my sleep, but I tend to knock it out of bed. I had thought this would be capable of the same thing, but it seems not to be just yet. I can’t think of a reason it’s not able to- so maybe a firmware upgrade could add this feature?