Skip to content
Things I’m Researching:
- Correct flux/brazing rod combinations for brazing steel
- Rackmount enclosures for Hackintoshes (plus multi i/o breakout boxes)
- Mini (micro) amplifier stereo setups (Dayton DTA-120 et. al)
- ACRNYM shoulder strap configurations
- shoe rubber midsole suppliers
- Magnetic door latches
- Modifying a Circular saw into a Track saw
- DIY Car Vinyl wrap application (and sourcing supplies)
Things going on:
- Happy Shiny People (my divergent thinking focused education newsletter) #73 should go out some time this week. Sign up here. They come out once a week(ish), and they’re usually three or four cool things with a bit of perspective and commentary on each.
- My home office is in v3.0 right now- that’s 6 monitors across three computers. I’m not sold on some of the mounting/monitor options, but right now it’s about proof of concept and not final product. I’ve got some lovely light stands I’m using, but I’d been considering (finally) getting a couple of c-stands for this sort of thing.
- I have a growing pile of building projects stacking up, but I’m stalled because of the weather. All/most of them require wood finishing and painting, and it’s too cold here for that right now. Time to refine the designs, I suppose.
- Progress on the shoulder bag (NF-P-126). I’ve got most of the basic construction figured out (mesh over foam rear panel, MOLLE panel, internal dividers, etc), and so it’s just a matter of sorting out some of the hardware and making time to actually sew. Also need to sort out the (more elaborate than typical of me) strap system.
- I’m going to EdCamp Boston this year- got my ticket and everything! March 11th, Burlington MA (at the Microsoft offices there). Grab a ticket quick, as they’re nearly sold out already…