Figures. It’s halfway through summer and I’ve got more projects going than I can shake a stick at. Here’s a few:
1. Started working on a handbook for my media production class for next year based on some of the concepts from Tom Sach’s handbook for employees of his studio. His video is here, and is a good watch if you’re a dork like me.
2. In the midst of uploading near-as-makes-no-difference 11,000 songs to Google Play. I’ll be able to rock out anywhere from the cloud! Too bad the upload has taken three full days so far- and will almost certainly take another two.
3. Building a new fly rod for myself- a fiberglass switch rod created out of the unholy union of some existing rods. It’ll be cheap, dirty, and wildly unattractive, but fun. How often do you get to use a hacksaw while building a rod?
4. Breaking in this new computer. MacBook Air 11″
5. Pushing towards no local storage use. Combo of GDrive and Dropbox right now. More specifics in an upcoming post on Setup.
6. Overhauling the backyard. I get to mount a brush blade on my gas line trimmer. Woooo!
7. Tonsillectomy. Today, actually.
8. Still waiting on Apple to release they’re school profile of BHS- and hoping to see a little of my shining visage in it.
9. Migrating (again) my large(ish) collection of digital photos. Not looking forward to this.
10. Tons of new art to hang at the house. Frames, as always, slowing that down. Have a literal stack of pieces to deal with.
11. Pre-production of several new Tangential episodes. These will be delayed in shooting until I heal from #7.
12. Roll out of 250 new iPad2’s at the High School.
13. Prep for mid-year distribution of ~1000 iPad2’s for Middle School.
14. Prep for 500 person 3 day district PD to kick off the year.
15. Prep for huge Google Conference in November.
That’s enough to mention here for now- but there’s more. I’ve found that the pile is so big I can’t look at it in the eye- only from the side before I get overwhelmed.
Side eye it is, then.