My obsession with mechanical keyboards continues.
My long-awaited 60% keyboard finally showed up (after the now-standard tomfoolery of DHS + USPS for delivery), and the first thing I did was rip all the key caps off install the set I got custom made from WASD Keyboards. It looks lovely now, and I’m very happy to be using it.
I’ve not given up on my hand-wired monstrosity, either. It’s wired and has an “enclosure” and whatever, but I’ve been stalled for time with building out the custom firmware it needs to run. So it’ll wait a bit on that one. No rush.
Things I’m digging deep into:
- Re-tailoring jackets- especially jackets with felled seams.
- Making picture frames (larger format…)
- Real-time digital dashboards (importing custom data?)
- Analog representations of digital data
- Vegas cubes
- Cable Cord cutting (as it exists in 2016)
- Custom firmware for hand-wired mechanical keyboards
- Nomenclature/Directory structure for logging large amounts of digital footage
- Rack-mounted large storage arrays (see above)
- TIG welding
Things I’m up to (the real quick version):
- Mechanical Keyboard Proj #2 is wired- working on firmware now.
- My Chip and Dip from NTC finally came (needs to be flashed and whatnot)
- Fly Rod Tube proj is painted- needs mounts made next
- Working to source Grip Heads and 5/8″ pins for mounting monitors
- Shoe re-sole proj (v2) parts are ordered and on the way
- MTB #1 drivetrain (v3) parts are en-route (1×9 w/ a Narrow/Wide chainring)
- Mechanical Keyboard Proj #1 is shipped- should be here shortly (custom key caps are already here and waiting)
- Working on lighting options for the garage (led work strips?)
- Working on web-based dashboards for realtime updates
- Beginning to source frames for a massive art-hanging project