Oh man, I’m in deep.
My (most) current obsession is monochrome everything. Here’s the run-down of how that’s manifested (thus far):
- My iPhone’s home button has been set to toggle the entire phone into greyscale mode with a triple press.
- I’ve installed Lenka on my phone- it’s a camera app that only does B&W photos. I know you can apply a B&W filter, or that you can set the stock camera app to B&W mode, but you can’t make the camera stay in that mode, and applying the filter after-the-fact robs you of a B&W viewfinder.
- I’ve spent a mildly embarrassing amount of time researching B&W only digital cameras. Yes, there are (a few), but they’re wildly expensive (Leica) or super-specialty (custom conversion).
- I’ve got my analog film processing gear all located and ready- I’m likely due for some new fixer, but we’re nearly ready to develop the growing backlog of film I’ve shot.
-  I’ve also just swapped the display on this computer to greyscale, too. Lovely.