Here’s what’s going on:
- Mini Keyboard project #1 is underway. I’ve de-soldered the original keyboard, cut down the switch mounting plate, and remounted the switches. It’s pretty small- 40 keys or so- and the diodes, wire, and Teensy 2.0 to run it should be at my house when I get home today. So: wiring, then case mounting/building, then programming the AVR, then it’s a keyboard.
- Micro keyboard #1 is also underway- I’ve got the key layout template finalized, and now I just need to cut the acrylic plate. Then it’s time to build an enclosure and source switches and caps. And then build the rest, I suppose.
- Basement Shelves v1.0 is done, and I’m slowly making some auxiliary record storage (mostly for the 10″ and 7″ records). Always more to go there.
- Working on a better web-based dashboard setup for displaying relevant information on screens. That’ll likely mean running a lightweight web server on some hardware in the house (and having that compile and format the data) and then using low-weight hardware to drive the displays with that data. Baby steps.
- Garage storage is at the top of the list right now- new rack shelving needs brought in, a bunch of older junk needs to go out, and bikes need to get hung on walls. There’s just no other way.
- Material storage remains a challenge in the garage, too. I’ve got a stack of supplies out there, and I need better ways to manage that. Given the headroom I’ve got, vertical seems to be the move, but I’ll still have to give it some thought.
- My re-tailoring of a jacket is taking a while, as I’m trying to figure out if I can/need/should undo the existing seams, or just cut them out and redo from there. Dunno. Yet.
- I’ve got a pair of shoes that need re-soling, and I need to source a decent sole for them. They’ve got smooth rubber on the bottom now, but I want to put a pow-profile lugged sole on instead. Sourcing is a problem.
- I can feel Backpack v2.0 coming- I’m working up the steam to put in the cloth order and get going on it. Honestly, I need to decide on a color. v1.0 is black, but I’ve been rattling around doing something else. The design is vaguely military-esq, and I don’t want this thing to scream MALL NINJA, so I think I want to stay away from Coyote Brown or OD Green or whatever. Definitely no camo- no other patterns either.
- Working on more/new content for here. Always.
- Newsletter is up to #65. Subscribe in the sidebar.
More to come.