Here’s where I’m at with all this transitioning:
- My About page is nearly done- though the email I’ve listed isn’t working right now
- My Current Projects page is up, and is, in fact, current.
- My twitter feed is showing the five most recent posts, in near-realtime.
- My banner at the top of the page is from me, and not some stock image
All of which is good. Sadly, the list of things that remain to be done is longer:
- Content, content, content
- Email up and working
- Rotating banners for pages
- Migration of my content from other hosting sites to here
And it’s that last one I’m not sure about. Over the years, I’ve moved from platform to platform, trying to find something that works well, but in the course of that leaving my work strewn across the web like some angry toddler. I aim to move all (most?) of that content here. The drawback is it might seems as though I’m double posting old stuff. The solution to that, I think, is to selectively move the relevant stuff all to here, and in the process of that update it as I can to keep things current. I also have decided to not remove the older sites I’ve used- I’ll leave them there, untouched, in the meantime. That way, if people want to see what I was thinking about an issue at a specific time, that record will still exist. Seems like the only fair way to do this.