I’ve been nearly dead for two weeks with illness, but let’s do this.
- Shoulder bag project is stalled while I mumble around looking for the right choices in fasteners and how to properly do labelling. It’s not a super-high priority for me, but it’s always frustrating when a project limps along like this.
- Home office computer setup is back up to four monitors- two on the main computer, and one more (each) on some side computers doing dedicated tasks. I’m not overly happy with the mounting of any of it (yet), but right now it’s mostly there for proof of concept. Also: need to buy another USB2.0 hub. I do need to (better) deal with power management there.
- HSP#72 is in draft, but I’m still digging through looking for content. For some reason, finding happy wonderful things to talk about has seemed somewhat more difficult in the last week or so. Can’t think why that might be.
- Re-watched Mad Max: Fury Road (Nuxx Edit) last night. If you’re unfamiliar, it’s a fan-edit of the theatrical film. The dialog’s all been removed (though the music remains), and the color has been shifted to “black and chrome.” Before you think that some hack just desaturated the thing, understand this was done with more care than that- it’s a proper transfer (with all the depth and tone that implies). A great watch. There’s also a B&W transfer of Raiders of the Lost Ark that Soderbergh did a couple of years ago that’s worth watching, too.
- Again, I’ve been sick, so I’ve been watching a bit more content. Including (but likely not limited to, as my memory is not to be trusted…) Taboo (FX), Haywire, Mad Max: Fury Road (Nuxx Edit), and some West Wing. Reading The Devil in the White City (currently), with a couple more on deck after that.
- I’m (slowly) gearing up for a garage overhaul. I made major progress this fall, but now that I’ve lived with it for a bit, I’m seeing areas where I can make meaningful improvements. Starting to amass the supplies so that when the weather permits, I’ll be able to spring into action.
- I’ve got a rudimentary braising setup now, so I’ve gathered some materials to start practicing. I’ve some good ideas for small useful projects in the meantime, but it’ll be good to be able to join metal for some larger upcoming projects.