The list of projects grows. Uncontrollably, it seems. I’ve bumped a few off (tonsillectomy, etc…), but more loom than I ever imagined. Here’s what I’m up to:
1. Started working on a handbook for my media production class for next year based on some of the concepts from Tom Sach’s handbook for employees of his studio. His video is here, and is a good watch if you’re a dork like me. Nearly, nearly done.
2. In the midst of uploading near-as-makes-no-difference 11,000 songs to Google Play. I’ll be able to rock out anywhere from the cloud! Too bad the upload has taken three full days so far- and will almost certainly take another two. Done. Now just need to use it.
3. Building a new fly rod for myself- a fiberglass switch rod created out of the unholy union of some existing rods. It’ll be cheap, dirty, and wildly unattractive, but fun. How often do you get to use a hacksaw while building a rod?
4. Breaking in this new computer. MacBook Air 11″ Done, mostly. Still missing some software, but that’s just a matter of time.
5. Pushing towards no local storage use. Combo of GDrive and Dropbox right now. More specifics in an upcoming post on Setup.
6. Overhauling the backyard. I get to mount a brush blade on my gas line trimmer. Woooo!
7. Tonsillectomy. Today, actually. Done. Ugly, ugly.
8. Still waiting on Apple to release their school profile of BHS- and hoping to see a little of my shining visage in it.
9. Migrating (again) my large(ish) collection of digital photos. Not looking forward to this.
10. Tons of new art to hang at the house. Frames, as always, slowing that down. Have a literal stack of pieces to deal with.
11. Pre-production of several new Tangential episodes. These will be delayed in shooting until I heal from #7. Camera in hand, now have no time. Typical.
12. Roll out of 250 new iPad2′s at the High School. Prepped!
13. Prep for mid-year distribution of ~1000 iPad2′s for Middle School.
14. Prep for 500 person 3 day district PD (#bpscon) to kick off the year. Schedule done, next to do: logistics. Also: photos.
15. Prep for huge Google Conference in November @BHS
16. MASSIVE project (#iCon2013) coming in April 2013. Multi-day, massive. Massive.
17. Migration of our Junior and Senior year textbooks from hard-copy to digital version. ~300 pages each.
18. Fim/edit clips for BPSCON 2012
19. Fim new English Department Intro video
20. Handbook for our HelpDesk class.
21. Finish new layout of new classroom.
22. Install FCPX on new lab computers
23. Build new class blog for me.
24. Photography for new custom iOS app for our district.
25. Start prep work on two student run conferences: One internal, one external.
26. Install/finish middle school library setup. Includes putting books on shelves.
27. New AV setup for new classroom.
28. Promo material for #iCon2013 picked and ordered.
29. Assemble render farm for FCP (post FCPX arriving)
I think that about does it. As it were.